Testing is a critical part of Software development and, whether we do it ourselves or we leave it to our users. This course pretends to share a common understanding of what Software Testing is. Once that has been done, the goal is to equip you with a good toolbelt of techniques and resources so you feel comfortable when approaching the activity of testing (understanding if what you have built works as expected or discovering if what we plan to build is the right thing for both users and business).
Although most of the techniques will be explained via simplifications for the sake of teaching them, the majority of the examples are based on my real world experience, hopefully helping to relate the training contents to your day to day work.
What can you learn?
- Understand the value you can expect from Software Testing
- How to approach Software Development improving the chances of "building the right thing" and "building it right"
- A wide range of techniques that will help you designing and executing a testing strategy to make the most of your testing time
- Possible ways to include the testing activity in an Agile team
Who is this training for?
Developing Software is a holistic activity, so knowing some testing basics will always help. Because of that, this training can be useful to people who work on Software Development in general, but if you ask me, I think it can be specially interesting to junior testers, Product Managers and also to developers (junior or not) who are not familiar with the Agile testing quadrants and most of the techniques explained.
- Definition of Software Testing and Agile testing quadrants
- Techniques in the second quadrant (Business facing, guide development)
- Techniques in the first quadrant (Tech facing, guide development)
- Techniques in the third quadrant (Business facing, critique product)
- Techniques in the fourth quadrant (Tech facing, critique product)
- Putting it all together (Testing Strategy, Agile testing, Tester as an IC, ...)
What do people say about it?
This is some of the feedback I have gathered from attendants to the training:
- It was great! Excellent content!
- Great! Thought I would pick up something, but did not think I would learn so many immediately applicable and useful things
- Lots of content, good examples and well explained. A good starting point to submerge yourself in the world of testing
- It was nice and broadened my perspective on the subject matter
- Very interesting. Small exercises/demos are really helpful to understand the concepts and maintain the attention during the session
Duration: 1 Day
When: July 29th
Early bird price (until May 27th): 150 €/person
Price: 200 €/person. 100 € for persons belonging to collectives with less representation in IT
In case you'd be interested in an custom session for your company feel free to contact me. I may tailor the timings and contents to fit your needs (I've done it in 3 consecutive Fridays 4 hours per Friday for example).